Our demo app
News: With IOS13 we will launch an IOS demo app as soon as Apple permits this. In the interim period we can provide beta builds to selected interested parties. To qualify you need to reach out to us for discussions and hopefully an agreement.
The Idmee demo app has been built to demonstrate the SDK and is basically a thin wrapper on top of the SDK. We have chosen to call this demo the bank of dad since this should be a brand name everybody knows, but on a more serious note this demonstrate some of the personalization by configuration the SDK offers.
In other words when embedded in your app it will be you branding and your style that will appear.
There are limits to this however which follows from the “extremely simple to integrate” paradigm we have chosen since there is never a truly free lunch. Total flexibility gives an high integration effort, while easy to integrate do impose limits on the flexibility…
A demo on usage can be found here https://youtu.be/7lsAUEgFfi4
Can I use it ?
To use this you need a Android and a machine readable passport or European machine readable ID card. This should have this logo.
What does it do ?
It shows you what can be implemented in your own app in an extremely simple way. To learn more please visit https://www.idmee.no/how-to-implement-technical-overview/
This is now in public beta. You can register for participation using the link https://play.google.com/apps/testing/no.idmee.android.demo
- As long as we are in beta you need to make a case why you should be enrolled to the beta program.
- As long as we are in beta you need to provide the email address you use on your phone to access Google play store.
- You need to provide the email address associated with your social media service which you will be authenticating to. We currently support Google based accounts with more to come and your email address can be, but does not need to be the same as used for play store access.
The app contains some settings that may be of interest. The settings page is accessible from the start page.
- Passport. If the user should be able to use machine readable travel passports.
- ID cards. If the user should be able to us ID cards. Out of the box only machine readable European cards are supported.
- Expert mode. A non verbose quick process as opposed to the pedagogic multi step default process.
- Suppress result values. If checked no personal information is shown, useful for demos.
- Suppress result images. If checked neither the image from the passport nor the image captured during the process will be shown.
- Allow sceenshots. If checked it will be possible to do screen capture for most of the process. Normal deployment is with this unchecked for privacy ans security purposes.
The demo application
- The application is a wrapper around the SDK. The SDK supports localization for Norwegian and English but the app wrapper only supports English. Should your phone use Norwegian as it primary language you will experience a mixture of languages.